Today Apple released updates across much of their software. The OS updates have unlisted bug and security fixes. the Pages, Keynote, and Numbers updates have a handful of small features.
Released today include:
- iOS and iPadOS 17.0.1
- iOS 17.0.2 for the iPhone 15 models being released tomorrow
- iOS and iPadOS 16.7 for those unable to or not ready to update to iOS 17 (Apple will continue to update iOS 16 for late adopters for now, but in a few months updating to iOS 17 will be required to continue receiving security updates)
- watchOS 10.0.1
- macOS 13.6 Ventura
- macOS 12.7 Monterey for those computers unable to update to Ventura. If you are running macOS Monterey and have not yet upgraded to Ventura, I really can’t think of any reason why you shouldn’t go ahead and do so.
- Updates for Pages, Numbers, and Keynote on macOS, iOS, and iPadOS
Whether you are running the latest software or a late adopter running slightly older software, you probably have updates to install on many of your devices.
- Mac (macOS 13 Ventura or later): Click the Apple menu > System Settings > General > Software Update.
- Mac (macOS 12 Monterey or earlier): Click the Apple menu > System Preferences > Software Update. Apple Support Article HT201541
- iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch: Open the Settings app > General > Software Update. Apple Support Article HT204204
- Apple Watch: First update your iPhone, then on your iPhone tap the Watch app > General > Software Update. Apple Support Article HT204641
- Apple TV: Go to the Settings app > System > Software Update. Apple Support Article HT202716
- HomePod: Updates will install automatically. To push the update along faster see the instructions in Apple Support Article HT208247
If you are an existing customer who needs help with this or if you have other questions, or if you are in San Francisco and interested in becoming a client I invite you to book an appointment with me. Otherwise, you may wish to contact Apple Support or find a local Apple consultant.
For more tips like this delivered directly to your inbox sign up for my email list: