You can watch the broadcast on WAP’s Ustream channel
Download a PDF of the slideshow portion of my presentation here.
Alternative office suites
- Microsoft Office (Mac:Office 2014 is scheduled for release in April)
- LibreOffice (or OpenOffice)
- Google Drive
Installing iWork ’09
- If you need an installation disc, you can get one from Amazon still
- If your Mac doesn’t have a disc drive, I recommend to avoid the Apple-made USB DVD drive. Instead, get a Samsung DVD or Samsung BluRay drive. They cost less and are compatible with virtually any Mac or PC.
- Install iWork from disc
- If running Mac OS X 10.7 Lion or later (including Mavericks) download and install the iWork 9.3 patch manually
- If running Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard run Software Update or download and install the iWork 9.1 patch
Microsoft Office Compatibility
Shared Pages document
- Click this link to tinker with a shared Pages document from any desktop browser (on Mac, Linux, Windows).