Apple released their first maintenance release for their recent Mountain Lion operating system. The update is very small so it should only take a few minutes to download and install. This update is free to all users and fixes some of the biggest problems people have been having such as compatibility and stability issues and these specific problems:
- Resolve an issue that may cause Migration Assistant to unexpectedly quit
- Improve compatibility when connecting to a Microsoft Exchange server in Mail
- Address an issue playing audio through a Thunderbolt display
- Resolve an issue that could prevent iMessages from being sent
- Address an issue that could cause the system to become unresponsive when using Pinyin input
- Resolve an issue when connecting to SMB servers with long names
- Address a issue that may prevent Safari from launching when using a Proxy Automatic Configuration (PAC) file
- Improve 802.1X authentication with Active Directory credentials.
I urge all users of Mountain Lion to upgrade right away. As always with any upgrade, I remind you to check you Time Machine backup first.