Today Apple released a series of small bug fix updates for many of their OSes. This includes:
- iOS 16.4.1 for iPhone
- iPadOS 16.4.1 for iPad
- macOS 13.3.1 for Mac
- Safari 16.4.1 for macOS Big Sur and macOS Monterey
I suggest updating your devices right away if possible. In addition to patching at least one security bug that has been exploited in the wild, there are some minor bug fixes for Siri, emoji, and for unlocking your Mac with Apple Watch.
- Mac (macOS 13 Ventura or later): Click the Apple menu > System Settings > General > Software Update.
- Mac (macOS 12 Monterey or earlier): Click the Apple menu > System Preferences > Software Update. Apple Support Article HT201541
- iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch: Open the Settings app > General > Software Update. Apple Support Article HT204204
- Apple Watch: First update your iPhone, then on your iPhone tap the Watch app > General > Software Update. Apple Support Article HT204641
- Apple TV: Go to the Settings app > System > Software Update. Apple Support Article HT202716
- HomePod: Updates will install automatically. To push the update along faster see the instructions in Apple Support Article HT208247
If you are an existing customer who needs help with this or if you have other questions, or if you are in San Francisco and interested in becoming a client I invite you to book an appointment with me. Otherwise, you may wish to contact Apple Support or find a local Apple consultant.
For more tips like this delivered directly to your inbox sign up for my email list:
Success! You're on the list.
Whoops! There was an error and we couldn't process your subscription. Please reload the page and try again.