Today Apple released updates across all of their OSes. As Apple is getting closer to announcing macOS 13 and iOS 16 on June 6 (with release in the fall), there is more of a focus on refinement in today’s updates instead of new features. Basically with this update, they are just tuning the finer points of Apple Pay Cash, fixing a few bugs in HomeKit, and making it easier to delete old Podcast episodes. Universal Control is also no longer labeled as “beta”. It probably also has plenty of reliability, security, and performance tuning that they don’t specifically mention in the release notes so I do recommend everyone update as soon as they are able.
- Mac (macOS 13 Ventura or later): Click the Apple menu > System Settings > General > Software Update.
- Mac (macOS 12 Monterey or earlier): Click the Apple menu > System Preferences > Software Update. Apple Support Article HT201541
- iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch: Open the Settings app > General > Software Update. Apple Support Article HT204204
- Apple Watch: First update your iPhone, then on your iPhone tap the Watch app > General > Software Update. Apple Support Article HT204641
- Apple TV: Go to the Settings app > System > Software Update. Apple Support Article HT202716
- HomePod: Updates will install automatically. To push the update along faster see the instructions in Apple Support Article HT208247
If you are an existing customer who needs help with this or if you have other questions, or if you are in San Francisco and interested in becoming a client I invite you to book an appointment with me. Otherwise, you may wish to contact Apple Support or find a local Apple consultant.
For more tips like this delivered directly to your inbox sign up for my email list: