Today Apple released updates across all of their operating systems. There are no new features at all as far as anyone can tell. But there are a lot of bug and security fixes so I recommend everyone update their devices right away. In particular, there is a fix for a security flaw in Safari where a malicious website could possibly see web activity on other open tabs. This came to light last week and Apple quickly patched it.
- Mac (macOS 13 Ventura or later): Click the Apple menu > System Settings > General > Software Update.
- Mac (macOS 12 Monterey or earlier): Click the Apple menu > System Preferences > Software Update. Apple Support Article HT201541
- iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch: Open the Settings app > General > Software Update. Apple Support Article HT204204
- Apple Watch: First update your iPhone, then on your iPhone tap the Watch app > General > Software Update. Apple Support Article HT204641
- Apple TV: Go to the Settings app > System > Software Update. Apple Support Article HT202716
- HomePod: Updates will install automatically. To push the update along faster see the instructions in Apple Support Article HT208247
If you are an existing customer who needs help with this or if you have other questions, or if you are in San Francisco and interested in becoming a client I invite you to book an appointment with me. Otherwise, you may wish to contact Apple Support or find a local Apple consultant.
For more tips like this delivered directly to your inbox sign up for my email list: