Yesterday Apple released another bug fix and maintenance update across all of their system software (with the notable exception of watchOS, which I expect very soon, if not today). It has the general bug fixes such as fixing problems with external devices and WiFi connectivity, and there are a few minor features including deeper AirPlay integration, a few new Animoji, and some spit and polish. Among the new features are:
- iOS: redesigned Wallet app with streamlined Apple Pay Cash
- iOS: updated Apple TV remote function in Control center
- iOS: ScreenTime can configure each day of the week independently
- tvOS: activate Apple TV from any of your updated iOS or HomePod devices such as “Hey Siri play Free Solo on the Apple TV” which will turn on your television and switch to the correct input if your TV supports those CEC functions.
- macOS: supported websites can automatically switch to Dark Mode with the OS if using Safari. Website support required. Other browsers may implement this feature later.
- iOS/macOS: Apple News+ support. Subscribe your whole family to over 300 magazines and newspapers for $9.99/month. Includes The New Yorker, National Geographic, Wired, Time, Consumer Reports, LA Times, and more.
Apple never publishes a comprehensive list of changes, but you can read a more complete list here: macOS, iOS
- macOS: Click the Apple menu > System Preferences > Software Update (third row)
- iOS (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch): Tap Settings > General > Software Update.
- tvOS: Navigate to Settings > System > Software Update.
- HomePod: On your iOS device open the Home app, tap the house icon in the upper left corner, then tap Software Update. More information can be found here.