Today Apple released updates across all of their system software, with security and bug fixes. They also addressed the “beautygate” problem where the new iPhones were overaggressive with noise reduction, and they addressed complaints some of the new iPhone users had regarding cellular signal strength. These updates also include a few minor features:
- Group FaceTime for up to 32 participants in a single video or audio call (audio-only on iPhone 5s, 6, 6 Plus, iPad Mini 2, Mini 3, iPad Air, iPod Touch)
- Dual-SIM support for multiple numbers or carriers on this year’s new iPhone models
- New Emoji
- New watch faces on Apple Watch
Note that macOS Mojave has a new update procedure!
- macOS: Click the Apple menu > System Preferences > Software Update (third row)
- iOS (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch): Tap Settings > General > Software Update.
- watchOS: First update your iPhone, then on your iPhone tap the Watch app > General > Software Update.
- tvOS: Navigate to Settings > System > Software Update.