Yesterday Apple released minor updates for their latest iPhone and Apple Watch software. Though most of the bugs addressed are specific to the new iPhone 14 models, there are some security patches in there as well so I suggest that everyone who has upgraded to iOS 16 install these updates right away.
As always, this list isn’t all-inclusive. They typically just mention the bugs that affect a large number of people.
- Incoming call and app notifications may be delayed or not delivered on iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max
- Low microphone volume can occur during CarPlay phone calls on iPhone 14 models
- Camera may be slow to launch or switch between modes on iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max
- Mail crashes on launch after receiving a malformed email
- Interruptions to streaming audio on Spotify
- Snooze alarm notifications continue after the alarm is deleted for AssistiveTouch users
- Incomplete syncing of Wallet and Fitness data for newly paired Apple Watch
- Audio from microphone interrupted for some Apple Watch Series 8 and Ultra users
iPhone: tap the Settings app > General > Software Update
Apple Watch: on your iPhone, tap the Watch app > General > Software Update
If you are an existing customer who needs help with this or if you have other questions, or if you are in San Francisco and interested in becoming a client I invite you to book an appointment with me. Otherwise, you may wish to contact Apple Support or find a local Apple consultant.
For more tips like this delivered directly to your inbox sign up for my email list: