Today Apple released updates across all of their operating systems. This includes:
- iOS 14.6
- iPadOS 14.6
- watchOS 7.5
- tvOS 14.6
- HomePod 14.6
- macOS 11.4
While this is mostly a maintenance, bug fix, and security update, these updates are not without additional features:
- Podcasts gets new subscription options, allowing content producers to charge for access to podcasts, premium content, ad-free alternatives, early access, more.
- Apple Music gets a sound quality upgrade with lossless audio, Dolby Atmos, and spatial audio at no additional cost. Supported hardware required. Coming in June.
- Apple Card Family allows Apple Card to be shared with others in the family, including children aged 13+. You can also set spending limits. The ability for existing Apple Card accounts and credit limits to be merged is coming in July.
- Mac (macOS 13 Ventura or later): Click the Apple menu > System Settings > General > Software Update.
- Mac (macOS 12 Monterey or earlier): Click the Apple menu > System Preferences > Software Update. Apple Support Article HT201541
- iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch: Open the Settings app > General > Software Update. Apple Support Article HT204204
- Apple Watch: First update your iPhone, then on your iPhone tap the Watch app > General > Software Update. Apple Support Article HT204641
- Apple TV: Go to the Settings app > System > Software Update. Apple Support Article HT202716
- HomePod: Updates will install automatically. To push the update along faster see the instructions in Apple Support Article HT208247