Today Apple released some small but important updates for several of their OSes. There are no changes with these updates, just security fixes and a bug fix that was preventing the new App Tracking Transparency feature from working properly for som people.
These security fixes are for exploits that have been used in the wild, though we are not sure how widespread the exploits are. So I recommend everyone update immediately.
Apple also released iOS 12.5.3 with the same security fixes for older devices that cannot be updated past iOS 12.
- Mac: Click the Apple menu > System Preferences > Software Update. Apple Support Article HT201541
- iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch: Open the Settings app > General > Software Update. Apple Support Article HT204204
- Apple Watch: First update your iPhone, then on your iPhone tap the Watch app > General > Software Update. Apple Support Article HT204641
- Apple TV: Go to the Settings app > System > Software Update. Apple Support Article HT202716
- HomePod: Updates will install automatically. To push the update along faster see the instructions in Apple Support Article HT208247
If you are an existing customer who needs help with this or if you have other questions, or if you are in San Francisco and interested in becoming a client I invite you to book an appointment with me. Otherwise, you may wish to contact Apple Support or find a local Apple consultant.
For more tips like this delivered directly to your inbox sign up for my email list: