Today Apple released software updates across all of their mobile operating systems. There are a few new features, but more importantly, these updates include bug, performance, and security fixes for the current generation of software. There are some particularly nasty security problems that this update fixes so I recommend everyone upgrade as soon as you can.
New features include
- better QR code recognition
- ability to classify Bluetooth audio types on iPhone for better volume level warnings
- watchOS gets a new “Unity” watch face inspired by the colors of the Pan-African flag
- photo quality improvements for iPhone 12 Pro
- Control your HomePod mini from iPhone by holding your iPhone 11 or later near the HomePod
- iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch: Open the Settings app > General > Software Update.
- Apple Watch: First update your iPhone, then on your iPhone tap the Watch app > General > Software Update.
- AppleTV: Navigate to Settings > System > Software Update.
- HomePod: HomePod will update itself automatically, but you can push it along manually. Go to the Home app, tap the house icon in the upper left corner, and choose “Software Update” in the “Speakers & TV” section.